Sunday, June 4, 2017

Pentecost Waiting

photo from sharinghorizons.com

Presence as a loud roar,
a celestial surprise
opening the sealed up heavens…
I still sit in silence
after storming the pearly gates
requesting audience,
but instead the only noise I hear 
are kids 
tumbling
d
o
w
n
stairs,
to jump start a day.

Newly poured spirit
sprang 
p
like hot flame,
burning off fear
consuming darkness…
It’s raining here today,
water soaked dirt
quenching the spark
of renewal,
of life,
of hope.

Even so,
I wait.

Understanding
isn’t a claim
I stake concerning You
or all You allow.
I don’t even allege to 
like You at times.
I do assert,
for now,
You seem elusive, 
confounding,
unfathomable,
All at a time 
I grasp for 
fixed, 
defined,
predictable.
Even so, 
I wait.

Men, ragtag and redeemed, 
in a high room
joined by 
devoted women,
every one of them
huddled 
and wondering; 
puzzled 
but pondering;
frightened; 
yet tethered
by something greater.
I am them,
because I trust You.

All the while,
I sit in deafening quiet 
with saturated ground,
waiting
for You
to come
in a fresh, new way.

To burn up the confusion,
autocorrect my pain,
illuminate my path.

To rush in with Your exhale,
expand my lungs,
fill me with breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment