Sunday, November 13, 2011

Perfect Timing

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.   - Romans 5:6


Certain phrases catch my attention.  No matter how often I hear them, I stop, I listen and I hear.  This scripture is one of those.  
                     
       "At just the right time"                   "when we were still powerless"


The device of surprise is what captures me.  
So unexpected.  
So counter-intuitive.  
So God.


God's perfect timing of redemption is wrapped up in my weakness.  It's a good thing too, because


Many days, I live 
     naturally, 
               in my own strength, 
                         for my own gain, 
                                   with my own resources.  
Many days, I am a 
     walking, 
               talking, 
                         void-of-power 
                                    believer, wife, mommy, friend.


Smack dab in the middle of my self-living, being empty of power and ability, Jesus decides I am just right for the saving (and restoring).  I need not fear my own powerlessness, for that is the fertile ground in which my God will rescue me again and again.


Thanks be to God!


“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. - 2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment