Sunday, August 11, 2013

Not Profound but Necessary

I have this scripture hanging on my fridge. 
I'm not sure what translation of Proverbs 31:17 it is. 
It's not one of the most common, 
but it's hanging on my fridge anyhow.
And I see it a lot.
"She girds herself with strength and strengthens herself daily."

The other day I was reminded of Nehemiah 8:10, which says:
"The joy of the Lord is my strength." 


And these verses converged in my mind 
and it seemed the perfect apologetic for making daily time with Jesus.

If... 
a woman of virtue girds herself with strength everyday
and said strength is found in the joy of the Lord 

then...
everyday I need to ready myself with strength and I do that with Jesus.

I know this is not profound.
I know christians talk often about the importance a daily quiet time.
It was, however, a needed reminder to do the daily work.
To make the time and take the time.
To not neglect the seemingly dispensable when deadlines breathe down your neck.
To remember busyness never trumps relationship,
because the relationship sustains me for the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment