Saturday, June 22, 2013

When Timeout Isn't About the Kids Anymore


Little arms 'round my neck
combined 
with whispers of
"I love you, Mommy"
lose meaning
when...

Little bottom has sat
on carpeted hallway
in timeout
as yet again, 
disobedience has offended.

My arms 'round their torso
combine
with quiet words of
"You can show me you love me
without saying a word.
Wanna know how?"

Little forehead pulls away
with blue toddler eyes 
surprised
as I offer
an undiscovered truth.

Blonde head nods
and he waits.
Quiet.
Ready.
Curious.

"You say you love me
when you do what I ask of you."

Narrow passageway
becomes burning bush
of sacred ground
as my words
resound with Christ's words for me...


If you love me, show it by doing what I’ve told you.
John 14:14 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment