Monday, January 7, 2013

Face in the Sunlight

Yesterday was Epiphany.
The day of Light now gone,
marking, for me, 
the truest end to Christmas season.


How in this world of dark places and cold spaces, 
do we dare to find light anew?

Here are some ways Light overcomes the darkness for me...

      the made-up jokes of my 5-year old
      ancient words, ever true
      sufficient strength promised for right now
      a kind word that reminds me I matter
      choosing love 
      saying "I'm sorry"
      siblings getting along
      filling pages with graces
      prayers of my 8-year old 
      laughing to tears with my husband
      full moon bright over roof tops
      assuming the best in others
      my 3-year old's smile
      knowing His plans for me are good



Wake up. 
Put your face in the sunlight. 
God’s bright glory has risen for you.
The whole earth is wrapped in darkness, 
all people sunk in deep darkness,
But God rises on you, His sunrise glory breaks over you. 

- Isaiah 60:1b-2 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment