Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Brave Admission



They were finally asleep.
All 3 kids.
And my husband.
The hotel room was quiet.

I sat staring at my computer screen.
Reading the requirements for further education.
Shaking in my boots.

Sometimes the voice inside taunts, 
"Who do you think you are?
You are just a home educating mother
who only knows runny noses
and Kindergarten math.
Your MLA Handbook is brittle and outdated.
You have no "extra" disposable income.
Really? You?
You are considering more education?"

And all I can say is something within is stirring.

I have been known to over-think things
and I could easily talk myself out of this.
And then I stop.

remember there is only one thing I need to ask;
only one question that ultimately encompasses 
the myriad of others...
Is this what God has for me at this time?

If so, the rest will come together.
My fear will dissipate.
The money will be provided.
The work can be accomplished.
The time will be made.

Until then, my job is to seek Him
and prepare as best I understand how.


God’s Spirit beckons. 
There are things to do and places to go!
Romans 8:14 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment