Friday, April 26, 2013

Already


A sweet friend unexpectedly dropped off encouragement at my house.
Framed in black, a picture she drew.
Of purple tulips...my favorite flower in my favorite color.

This gift after sharing my recent struggle with fear.
This gift after years of encouraging each other through,
what we lovingly call "the crazies".

Added to the picture was a CD.
On that CD, this song was included. 
If you have a quiet moment, maybe you'll want to listen.
Really listen.

After hearing this song, 
I think I live much of life
hoping God will show up 
when the next struggle emerges in my life...
forgetting He's already there.

I think I live much of life
praying God won't leave me hanging
the next time the bottom falls out...
forgetting He's already holding me up.

I think I live much of life
assuming God will have to multiply Himself
to meet the ever-increasing demands of my existence
forgetting He's already all I need.

Always has been.
Always is.
Always will be.

This song reveals my small, finite view of God.
Exposes my self-centered image of God.

This song is about who God is.
In His fullness.
Complete.
Satisfying.
Enough.
Already.

God will not have to evolve 
with the changing seasons of my life.
He's already enough.

God will not have to regroup and take stock
when the next crisis dawns.
He's already sufficient.

God won't need to huddle up as the Trinity
to ensure He's covered all the bases. 
(I know...mixed sports metaphors.)
He's already all I need.
All you need.
All this world has ever needed.

He is.
Already.


"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, 
the Beginning and the End." - Revelation 22:13
Already.

No comments:

Post a Comment