Sunday, April 21, 2013

Little but Loved


I was feeling small.

Insignificant.

Not amounting to much in my estimation.



I was feeling incidental.
Trivial.
As if nothing I did added up to much.

It stinks to feel little.
Negligible.
Inept and lacking potential.

It's enough to make me grumpy.
Stressed.
Caddy. Nit-picky.
Downright unpleasant.

And then I turn to this song.
Perspective for my skewed outlook.
Shaken from my self-centered world, 
I am reminded
"For Thine is the Kingdom..."

Not my kingdom.
Not my sandbox.
Not my rules.

This life of mine is not for me.
This life of mine isn't even about me.
It's by Him. For Him. Unto Him. All for Him.

I was created in His image (Genesis 1:26)
for good works (Ephesians 2:10)
prepared by God for His purposes (Ephesians 2:10)
for His glory (Romans 11:36).

That's enough to remind me 
my contribution of faithfulness
may not reach around the globe
but is not small.
Not insignificant.

That is enough truth to fight the lies that creep in.
Enough truth to fight prideful agendas.
Enough truth to stand secure in the knowledge I am loved...
beyond compare,
beyond reason,
beyond my limitations.

And that makes me far from trivial.
Or incidental.
Or negligible.

I am indispensable.
Loved.
Planned for.
Kept.
Purposed.


May Jesus himself and God our Father, 
who reached out in love and surprised you with gifts of 
unending help and confidence, 
put a fresh heart in you, 
invigorate your work, 
enliven your speech.
2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment